Turn your technical expertise, on-the-job experience and great communications skills into a rewarding part-time teaching opportunity. We're expanding our Cyber Security instructor to meet the growing demand for our Software Engineering Institute (SEI) certified training programs.
- Instruction of SEI-certified courses following the course outline.
- Assist, as requested, in the marketing of courses to prospective organizations by providing technical information regarding course content and technical consulting in the area of organizational needs analysis.
- Communicate any resource/technical assistance requirements to the appropriate CMKL University staff.
- Communicate, as required, with onsite organization representatives prior to the class to identify any specific needs, making suggestions for technical content modifications where required.
- Handle all attendee-related administrative matters satisfactorily, prior to, during, and immediately after course completion. Provide feedback to the proper department on any classroom events that may require immediate attention.
- Provide technical reviews of class events where content modification may be required prior to subsequent offerings.
- Conduct technical interviews to qualify new instructor candidates, and mentor new instructors during their candidacy process.
- Set up all required computer equipment for courses.
- Excellent communication skills and hands-on technical experience and expertise
- Professional familiarity with Avoiding Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) and Cross-Site, Request Forgery (CSRF/XSRF), preventing SQL injection vulnerabilities, implementing URL access restrictions and detecting unauthorized file-system modifications
- Professional experience Cracking passwords with dictionaries and rainbow tables, Scanning systems for configuration issues, Ensuring trusted server access via digital certificates, Preventing unwanted network access with a personal firewall and Encrypting and signing important data
- Professional experience securing Web applications and services
- Professional experience Assessing system security requirements based on risks to confidentiality, integrity and availability, Selecting an appropriate security control baseline, Applying and validating security control implementation, Performing security assessments and making authorization decisions, Maintaining security posture by prioritizing vulnerabilities for remediation
- Must demonstrate thorough technical and subject matter knowledge and experience through subject matter interviews, course audits, co-teach events and ,classroom instructor training
- Prior teaching experience is preferred,
- Must be available and willing to travel.
- Software development skill is a plus.